Bad Breath Solutions
Do you have bad breath even after brushing?
Bad breath can be a sign of poor oral health. It can result from:
- poor dental health habits
- smoking or chewing tobacco
- gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontal disease
- tooth decay or dental abscess
Cause of Bad Breath
If you’re not brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily, food particles can remain in your mouth. This promotes bacterial growth between teeth, around the gums, and on the tongue. Poor dental habits are known to be one of the causes of bad breath.
Gingivitis (the first stage of gum disease) can also be the result of poor dental hygiene.
During the first stage, gingivitis has symptoms you may not notice, or realize can lead to more serious problems.
Gingivitis starts by:
- Plaque forming on the teeth creates a “bio-film,” a term used to describe layers of thousands of bacteria cells on teeth and gums.
- Gum tissue reacts to the bacteria and becomes red, swollen, and sensitive. Your gums may easily bleed because of the bacteria.
- These bacteria may then penetrate into your blood stream and put you at risk for heart attacks, strokes, diabetes or having a low birth weight infant.
The Mind and Body Connection
Persistent bad breath or bad breath even after brushing may be warning signs of gum or periodontal disease. So if you want to keep your body and mind fresh, go to a bad breath dentist in calgary (Bad breath clinic calgary) and be off from the bad breath problem.
The buildup of plaque and bacteria on teeth cause toxins to form in the mouth. This irritates the gums, and if left untreated, can damage the gums and jawbone. Look for a dentist specializing in bad breath when you have such signs.
See Dental Clinic Calgary, Dentalife, for Bad Breath Solutions
If you’re concerned and self conscious about bad breath, it’s important to have your oral health checked. Halitosis calgary treatment can be a good option to get help with this problem. The causes of bad breath could be simple, or they could mean there are more significant health concerns.
We will do a thorough exam and detailed history to understand and diagnose your oral health issues. Don’t let your oral health decline. If you are concerned about chronic bad breath, make an appointment with us to discuss bad breath options or call us at 403 262-9898 today.